Thursday, June 5, 2014

Colette Moneta #2


Oh look.  Another Moneta. I don't see my love affair with this pattern coming to an end at any point in the near future.  It's easy to make and easier to wear which makes it the best in my book! Eventually maybe I'll get to the point where I only provide pictures with no text because I'll run out of things to say about it.

 
My oldest son has taken over as lead photographer for my sewing projects which is hilarious because he's such a jock.  He picked this location and told me where to stand so pretty much all I had to do was show up.  I'm happy because arranging photographs can be challenging when you are in them.  The above picture is my attempt at following the instruction to "look sassy."  Looking sassy is really hard.
 
 
I bought this fabric at Hancock's when I was in there for elastic.  It was sitting on the clearance rack for $3.50 a yard so I thought I wouldn't be losing much if it didn't work out.  It feels like tshirt material so when I'm wearing it's like wearing pajamas.
 

 
The flaps at the back look a little funny because the material tends to curl a little bit.  I can't see it so I'm not going to worry about it.  I chose to do a rolled hem instead of serging and turning under.  I actually did serge it first but it was rolling so much I decided to be lazy and just do the rolled hem.  I like it.  Rolled hems are a lot easier when you know how to do them.

 
I wonder how many of these I can make this summer.......


3 comments:

  1. that fabric looks great for this dress! love it! i also loved the rolled hem for whenever a knit fabric is giving me grief. certainly better than no hem at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The style is a good one for you....love the material!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made another great dress! I like how much like RTW it looks!

    ReplyDelete